Slideshow Widget

#sisterproblems

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sisters. A phenomenon that I will never ever fully comprehend. If you’re not privileged enough to have one- hopefully this blog post will be somewhat amusing while still making you fully aware of what you’re missing out on.


I come home tonight, hang up my coat and sit on the couch just about to kick my feet up, when all of a sudden I hear a creaking noise coming from my room. Immediately I knew it was my almost 16-year-old sister, probably rummaging through my closet, my make-up or just taking iPhone selfies in my mirror. I bolt up the stairs swing open my door and sure enough there she is, digging through my clothes. “Do you have a pencil skirt I can wear?”


Yes, I have a pencil skirt, but can she wear it? No. Definitely not. Not a chance. Starring at her in anger I notice that she’s wearing the EXACT same hot pink lipstick that I had bought a few days ago. She had bought her own. So, if she’s not stealing my stuff, she’s buying herself the exact same things.


The weirdest thing is, no matter how much I hate what she does, it never ever changes how much I love her or how much I miss her when she’s not around. She is the most strong willed, captivating, and beautiful person I know. Although I would STRONGLY prefer if she never touched any of my stuff, she is perfect in my eyes and I love everything about her. As we prepare for her Sweet 16, I can’t believe how quickly time has passed. Even now as I type this I can hear her strumming her guitar and singing Taylor Swift. It seems like it was just yesterday we were playing doll house. Sure, I’d have all my stuff to myself, but I just can’t imagine my life without her.







Post a Comment