Slideshow Widget

adventures as a 3rd shooter! | kaelyn + elliott’s wedding

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A couple of months ago I became part of a group on Facebook called "CT Second Shooters". It's a place where photographers can network, collaborate and search for second shooters/assistants. When I saw that one of the photographers I had met at a Carla Ten Eyck Workshop needed assistance at a wedding - I was kinda nervous to contact her, but I went for it and I'm seriously SO glad that I did. When she called me back I was like a little girl on Christmas. I had to call my mom and boyfriend immediately after to tell them!

I have admired Brooke's work for so long I literally couldn't wait to see her in action! She's super small and adorable but SO fierce! I couldn't help but notice how comfortable Brooke's clients were in front of her lens. One thing that I really have to work on as a photographer is my confidence. I have to admit - I'm so awkward sometimes. I freeze up and just want to be like "um yeah, just look cute for a second" and take a picture! Anyways, I still can't believe that I was able to be a part of this day. I feel so ridiculously blessed to get to work with so many amazing artists.

Congrats to the beautiful bride and groom & a huge thank you to Brooke Allison Photography for having me along as an assistant/3rd shooter!!!


 

 




















Post a Comment