Slideshow Widget

welcome home!

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Friday afternoon I got a text from Amy asking if I was available to accompany her and her 3 kids to the airport to take these photos. Amy and the kids said "See ya later" to Mark 10 months ago as he was called to duty and headed to Afghanistan. Tears filled my eyes as I accepted and I immediately thanked God for giving me this amazing opportunity. 

I know it was God's handy work because I have been searching for a new part time job for months. I have filled out countless applications with absolutely no luck. The photography business wasn't so great either - until I turned to God. I asked Him to show me my purpose in life and to allow me to use my talent to bless other people. I stood on the verse Romans 8:28 

28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

I fully allowed myself to believe that He would take care of me no matter what. I got a babysitting job, and it was great - but they were moving. The next week I got a call back from another photographer who hired me to assist her at an upcoming wedding. Then I booked TWO more weddings on my own! A few other babysitting jobs rolled in. And then, I was given the greatest opportunity of all - I was hired to take these photos. Daddy being reunited with his family after 10 long months. It was an emotional afternoon for all. I walked a little bit taller that day, feeling just as excited as Amy, Mark and their children.

xoxo
















Post a Comment