Slideshow Widget

thank you.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

You know that feeling you get when you realize that there's less than a week left of summer? You know, when your stomach drops and you kind of panic because you feel like you've missed it all? Yeah. I'm definitely feeling that right now. I'm at work, so tired that I can barley drink my coffee, and it hits me. Next week at this time I'll be reading text books and writing papers. But really, what did I do this summer? More than I ever imaged I would. 

Starting in June I was an intern at J.Alviti Photography. I worked alongside Jena, the owner and photographer. I have always known that I love photography but I was so interested in learning what actually goes on when you have your own business. Honestly, it has been one of the most rewarding experiences that I have ever had. 

Jena, you have truly become a role model for me. I have seen your work get better and better with every picture and you have never hesitated to show me any of your tricks. Your patience and encouragement have made me want to work harder. Your dedication to your work and your family are truly inspiring. I cannot even believe how much I have learned and how much I now realize that I will never stop learning. It's kind of refreshing to think that there is no end point. It's not something that you can really graduate from. There will always be something to learn in life, and I think we have spent this summer learning from each other. I really cannot thank you enough for everything.

Whenever my head starts to spin and I start to think I'm doing something wrong or I'm not doing enough, I can breathe a sigh of relief and think about times like this summer. I can think about how everything happens for a reason and how more often than not the right people make their way into your life right when you need them the most. 

“I once heard a saying that when you're ready, the teacher you need appears before you.” 
― Emily Byrd Starr







Post a Comment