Slideshow Widget

a perfect spring afternoon

Friday, April 26, 2013

Phew. I am so excited to finally be able to share this session! I have been in a whirlwind for the past few weeks as I finish up the semester at school, and I couldn't wait to sort through these images. It was one of those sessions that I just knew was going to be good. It was the perfect warm, slightly sunny yet overcast afternoon. 

As a wannabe/aspiring photographer I find it super hard to be able to find my personal style of photography.  Sure, I can admire other photographer's styles but the truth is I will never be them. Even if I shoot with the same camera or lenses or even in the same location, I will always be me. Lately I've been coming to grips with this reality and focusing being happy with who I am and where I am at this very moment in time. To be honest, I usually over plan for photo shoots by looking at Pinterest for inspiration or stalking Facebook for ideas. More often than not I find that the more I plan, the more I hate the work I produce. I create impossible standards for myself instead of embracing the artist within me. 

For this session, I just winged it. I grabbed my camera and a sweatshirt, and took one last look at myself before heading out the door. I took a deep breath and was on my way to a small field on the side of a parking lot. I didn't pack any props or extra gear. I just let it be

I am seriously so proud of how these images came out. Maybe it's not your style, but it's mine. And for once in my whole life - I'm perfectly ok with that.













Post a Comment