Slideshow Widget

room tour & decorating on a budget!

Saturday, April 13, 2013

I wanted to do a quick tour of one of my favorite places in the world, my bedroom! I come from a long line of creative genes and decorating is one of my many hobbies. I am blessed to live right on the water. I’m not gonna lie, I have one of the best views in the house! The main inspiration for my bedroom was the lake. I wanted everything to feel light, airy and relaxing but still look chic. I took this inspiration and made it come to life with a lot of creativity and only a little bit of money!




Let me start by saying decorating a room is not a one shot deal. You might not find the perfect piece right away, and more importantly you might not find a good deal right way. I am a firm believer in never paying full price for anything. For example, my picture frames are from Walmart. I want to say they were about $8 each. I love how clean and simple they are, and I love how they are odd sizes. I bought the Andy Warhol poster of Marilyn off of eBay for super cheap, and ripped the other photos out of magazines. (The bottom left is a picture of my boyfriend and me!)  My little wall gallery probably cost no more than $50 and it really added character to a huge and previously empty wall.  






Speaking of the Marilyn poster, how awesome is that jewelry box?! When decorating your bedroom, it’s essential to buy pieces that are practical and extra storage is always a must. Think of what you really have a lot. I don’t know about you, but I’m a beauty product junkie. I love makeup and getting all dressed up. With this being said, I needed plenty of storage for countless eye shadows, hairsprays, serums and styling tools! I made sure to choose a vanity that had plenty of drawers. For the extra stuff, I picked up this sweet basket-thing at Marshalls for only $12! It holds all of my brushes and hair stuff. A clean, clutter free space = a clean & clutter free brain!  





If you don’t have a creative mind, it can be hard to find inspiration for a room. Something that I always do is look at catalogues for ideas. Pottery Barn & PB Teen are some of my favorites. The prices are outrageous – but I try to find similar pieces elsewhere. Did I mention that I LOVE going to thrift stores and tag sales?! Vintage items can really add character to any space and won’t break the bank. 








Your bedroom should be your oasis. It’s where you get your rest and where your sanity is renewed each and every night. It is the first thing that you see every morning. I can honestly say that my oasis cost less than $500 to create. I promise, you do not need to be rich to create a beautiful space.



Be inspired!   Xoxoxo



Item Specifics:



Black and White Ottoman: Home Goods

Bedding: Home Goods

Black and White Mannequin: TJMaxx

Black Picture Frames: Walmart

Hanging Jewelry Box: JCPenny

Room Darkening Shades: JCPenny

Lamp + Shade: Family Dollar

All Other Accessories: Tag Sales & my grandpa’s house!


Post a Comment