Slideshow Widget

nicholas!

Thursday, May 24, 2012


Becky and I met while hard at work at Chuck E. Cheese’s. I don’t even know how, really. Maybe I was stamping kids sweaty gross hands at kid check and she was dealing with the lovely parents at merch. “What do you mean my kid can’t have the toy that’s in the case? You can’t just open it??” I can’t totally regret working there though, because I met so many awesome people, including Becky. Anyways - I attempted to take newborn photos of her adorable little man, Nicholas, back when he was only 10 days old! (I strongly emphasize the work attempted) When I realized how crappy the photos came out I promised her another session when he was a little bit bigger and we finally got around to it last weekend!

I had no idea that when I promised her this shoot I would have learned so much about photography in the meantime. Like how to expose manually, HELLO?! This is so embarrassing, but I feel like I should confess that I didn’t even know what that meant last year. I would just throw my camera into auto and wonder why my photos never looked the way I wanted them to.  I’m still in the never-ending process of learning, don’t get me wrong, but I have really come so far!

Ok – I’m done. Here’s Nicholas!! Can I just express how much I love summertime and the color GREEN!







Post a Comment