Slideshow Widget

saying goodbye to summer

Monday, August 26, 2013

What is it about summertime that makes it so hard to say goodbye? I'm not a huge fan of the heat, but I would be lying if I said I won't miss the sun wrapping its warm arms around me. I'm going to miss the green grass beneath my bare feet. I'm going to miss my tan, freckly skin and those days where the sun didn't set until 9. Summer isn't even my favorite season. Actually, it's not even in my top two.  It's the little kid in me who dreads having to go back to school. I have this panicked feeling inside my stomach as if EVERYTHING is going to change once the leaves turn orange and the breeze turns crisp. I'm always trying to hold on to everything because I'm scared of what's around the corner. This is going to be my last year of college. I will officially have my bachelor's degree. And then what? Well. I have no idea. 
 
Here's to another season gone and past. Here's to not knowing what to expect. Here's to pumpkin spice lattes, comfy sweaters and apple picking. 

Alright, maybe I'm a little bit more ready than I thought ;) 

















Post a Comment